I've been thinking about these Simple Truths of Adulthood ever since I came across them. They were explained thusly: life lessons learned with some difficulty growing up; things we wish we had known all along but that only come with some perspective.
I'm completely intrigued by the idea of "wish I had known then what I know now." Who hasn't wished at some point that the lessons learned could maybe have been easier or more timely? So these are some of the simple truths that I've encountered in my life.
You may be making things harder than they have to be.
You don't have to be good at everything.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy things that contribute to a happier life.
I'm the only one who can make me happy.
Your child will follow your example not your advice.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams
It's easy to get excited about making a big change; it's hard to stay excited when it comes to the day to day maintenance.
Not everything determined a "classic" is worthy of your time.
Just because it's fun for someone else doesn't mean it's fun for you and vice versa.
"The days are long but the years are short." - Gretchen Rubin
Don't let anyone get too hungry, yourself included.
If you haven't needed it yet, it can wait a little while longer.
We tend to see our own flaws first.
You never look as bad as you think you do.
"We cannot start over but we can begin now and make a new ending." - Zig Ziglar
"Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect." - Margaret Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment