I came home screaming F***! at the top of my lungs. I was extremely, extremely annoyed and couldn’t stop breathing fire out my nose long enough to tell Jason what was wrong. I had just stood in line for 45 minutes to buy 2 yards worth of an on-sale fabric, behind a woman who had no idea that the children pulling on her overalls and talking to her a mile a minute where her own offspring. The woman working the register was a least as old as God and couldn’t have worked the register correctly if I had pointed a gun at her head. Which if I had had a gun, I might have considered doing. Next to me stood a couple of Emus (our word for all "emotionals") trying to suck the other’s face off while the male Emu pretended that his skinny jeans were not creeping lower and lower down his arse. More than once I was on the verge of screaming “Hurry the F*** Up!” and “Pull up your stupid-ass pants! You look like an idiot!” But I restrained myself. Mainly because I was afraid they would kick me out of the store before I could purchase my $6.95 worth of stuff.
I got home and was still fuming. I banged through the door, still screaming obscenities, while the cat ran for cover and Jason looked at me like he was wondering who he needed to shoot. I ranted for a few more minutes, told him about the Amassed Display of Stupidity at the store and about my Complete Restraint in not telling them exactly what I thought of their skinny jeans and Methuselah employees.
By the time I had set all my stuff down, shown the Most Wonderful Man in the World what I had purchased at the expense of 45 minutes of my life and coaxed the cat out from under our bed, I was fine. The medicine I had taken on the way home from the store had kicked in and I was so calm it was spooky. But that’s how it is around our house right now. I either feel too much of everything, or absolutely nothing. And I’m still not sure which is the better of the two.
I am so grateful that I found a man that loves me so much that he is willing to put up with me screaming "What the F*** kind of hillbilly place do we live in?" when coming through the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment