My mother emailed me after she read my last post. She was a little worried because she said it sounded like a eulogy. I assured her it was not. I was just informing the internet of the things I had learned at her knee.
She also wanted me to know that she definitely does not remember telling me to "melt my husbands face off with my eyebrows" when we're fighting. I assured her that was for comedic effect and that next time I would stick to funny "Mom stories" (as we called them in our house).
Like the time she wasn't quite paying attention to a conversation and someone used the phrase "cheese with his whine." She quickly turned around, appalled, wanting to know if the supervisor knew that someone was drinking on the job.
That's my mom and I love her. But just remember - I can make fun of her. If you do, I will melt your face off with my eyebrows of displeasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment