Saturday, November 15, 2008

apropos of the husband

I'm writing this post because I woke up at 6-freakin'-30 AM with the hiccups. Who wakes up with hiccups? Especially when Saturday is the day for sleeping in. So on with the nothings.

I love my husband. He is exactly what I would have ordered could I have placed an order with Sears & Roebuck, Co. But instead of a leg lamp in a box marked fra-gee-lay, I got something better.
I knew I could spend the rest of my life with him when, on the trip to meet my parents, we spent 10 hours together in the car, 3 straight days together, then another 10 hours back and I still hadn't had enough. I get sick and tired of EVERYONE....except him.
I really lucked out when I found him. Or he found me. Or we found each other. Whichever it was.

And last night in bed, after I had taken my meds and was starting to tell him how soft his hair was, like the fuzz on the belly of our cat, I knew I'd found the ONLY person for me.
"How long ago did you take your pill?"
All I could do was smile at his sweet face and whisper, "So soft."
Laughing outright: "Apparently long enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment