Thursday, April 22, 2010

threw my caution to the wind

EEEEEEE!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Sometimes printed words just cannot convey the true emotional energy behind them. Because if they could these little words would be bouncing around this blog more than an Oompa Loompa after Veruca Salt went down the bad-egg chute. There's thrill and anticipation and extremely good posture to be had because...

I signed up for a ballet class this summer!

That's right. Me and Ballet will be gettin' it on this June. I'd been looking all over the interwebs for something to do with some of my free time. I considered learning to crochet or become a better photographer (still both viable possibilities for later). But when searching the Community Education classes that Utah Valley University offers I came across a beginning ballet class and I began to bounce. I bounced in my seat. I bounced around the house. I bounced up and down in front of Jason when he said we could afford the class.

EEEEEE!

Hooray for the dancing! I LOVE to dance. It is one of my favorite things to do on the planet. Right up there with eating baby cheeks. And I haven't danced in over 10 years. Other than just around the house while I'm cleaning. The last time I truly danced was during 3 years of high school. Before that was ballet, jazz and tap from ages 6-10. No ballet for almost 20 years. And that's why I chose a class for those with no prior experience.

Am I nervous? You bet.

Am I afraid I'll make a total fool of myself? A little bit.

Am I excited beyond reasonable belief? Hells Yeah!

I don't know how I'm going to contain all this excitement until June.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!!!! I remember those days when you danced! That will be soooo much fun for you! I'm dancing with excitement for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that makes you that happy must be good. :-)

    ReplyDelete