Monday, April 26, 2010

6 months

Dear Twiddlebug,

You can crawl! And it's amazing, awesome and hilarious all at the same time. That first time you lunged a few inches I thought your smile would make your head explode. You were so astounded by what you could do. And you haven't stopped since. So far you won't venture very far from your blanket but I know soon we'll have to start moving things off shelves and baby-proofing cabinets.




Your bottom teeth haven't come in all the way yet and some days that leaves you cranky as a baby can be. But despite the crankiness, you are such a happy child. There is so much laughter just from letting you kiss us. And by "kiss" I mean lick and slobber uncontrollably all over our cheeks until the ick factor gets too high. But like Daddy says - we don't wipe off your kisses, just the slime.



You've started imitating more of the noises that Daddy and I make. Your favorite is a version of our "I'm gonna get you" shriek. Except yours is screamed at more of a banshee-being-eaten-by-a-wolverine level. You've also learned the art of blowing raspberries and love to let everyone within a half mile radius know you can do it.



You love when Mommy and Daddy play with you but you're also content to just lay on your blanket and eat your toys. I've truly never seen such a happy baby. You giggle, snort and smile until I think your cheeks will crack. Sometimes I want to run into your room and wake you up just so I can see your happy face. Bad days don't exist around a smile like that.









Love, Mama

2 comments:

  1. These are just precious! Thank you so much for posting. I laughed right out loud at her raspberries! :-)

    ReplyDelete