Yesterday was what I like to call a "throw away day." I had all of my work done by 10:30am, it was 76 degrees in the office because the A/C wasn't working and the rest of the afternoon loomed like an avalanche waiting to smother me.
I texted Jason that I was bored. Oh so bored. Slash my wrists bored. He felt the same. So we conspired to mutiny and ditch work early. Decided that a cool, dark theater was a much better place to be than work. So we played hooky and went to a movie.
We chose X-Men Origins: Wolverine because we already have our tickets for Star Trek on Saturday and we both love a good comic book movie. So we sat through the previews with a dozen other work-ditchers and anxiously awaited the start of the movie when something weird happened. The movie started - but not quite how I expected it to be. It's was space. With a starship. In space. With aliens. And Star Trek logos.
What the hell! Really? Are they really going to show us Star Trek? A DAY EARLY? It hasn't even officially been released yet! Frackin' awesome!
But as soon as some of the other patrons figured out what was going on, they were up like jack in the boxes. Half a dozen, all at once, rushed out of the theater. My heart sank. I wanted to scream, Shut up and sit back down! Don't ruin this good thing. But I didn't. I really couldn't blame them since it wasn't the movie we had paid to see. Star Trek was stopped, the previews ran again, and finally Wolverine was on screen.
At the end I was pissed. The comic nerds should have just shut up and let the Trekkies win. The movie wasn't worth the victory.
No comments:
Post a Comment