A new and exciting side effect of pregnancy has reared it's ugly head. A super sensitive gag reflex. And don't try to tell me it's not that bad of a symptom. Because it is! It's horrible! I've never had problems with it before but now the littlest thing can make me lose my lunch. And dinner.
I had escaped the usual side effect of morning sickness - vomiting- during the first trimester and had just been dealing with the nausea. Then comes the second trimester. And I'm throwing up at the drop of a hat. Well, maybe not the drop of a hat but certainly even the thought of vomiting. I have to be very careful about how I brush my teeth, how I swallow pills and even sneezing is enough to set it off.
I choked on a nausea pill the other night. How apropos. It didn't stay down long enough to help. I really hope this isn't going to be the norm for this trimester.
No comments:
Post a Comment