Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the sound of displeasure

MEHH!

MEHH! MEHH!

The noise pierced the cloud of unconscious and I rolled over to get a peek at the clock. 2:30am. Just like I thought. Wash continued to glare at me from the lofty position he had taken on top of my pillow.

MEHH!

I know and he knows but he doesn't know that I know and this is what he's trying to remedy.

Wash is going to the vet this morning so he can have a tooth extracted. It's a minor procedure that I had been hoping to avoid but it turns out it's necessary. And because anesthesia will be involved, Wash couldn't have anything to eat after 10pm last night. He didn't know this. I mean, how do you explain it to a cat?

So at 2:30am he was announcing to me that he had discovered there was no food dish where his food dish should be. Oh the horror! And he was displeased. Mightily.

Instead of trying to explain the hows and whys to my sweet kitten in the dead of night, I instead settled him into the (not for long) empty hollow in front of my belly and rubbed his head until we both fell asleep. I was seriously hoping he wouldn't remember in the morning.

Alas. Not to be. He was the first one out of bed this morning after the alarm sounded, announcing his disapproval of the situation to all who would listen. Mainly us and anyone awake within a 2 block radius.

MEHH! MEHH! MEHH! His disapproval followed me out of the house this morning. Hopefully the cocktail of tuna and antibiotic he'll get this afternoon will be enough to soothe the injustices of having such caring parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment