I have always relied on Google to give me the answers that no one else had, but now that I'm pregnant, it's like I'm in a codependent relationship (me being the dependent one). Any time I can't find an answer in one of my many baby books, I google it.
Is it normal to be hungry even when I'm only awake at 2am to use the bathroom?: Yes.
Will all of these hideous veins that have suddenly appeared all over my body ever go away?: Yes.
Is it normal that I can't even think about broccoli without wanting to puke?: Yes.
Do other women experience the urge to cry when they see teeny tiny baby clothes?: Yes.
Google has become a constant friend, a well informed adviser and a tool for all of those weird questions I've had. Like - how big is my baby RIGHT THIS SECOND? I seem to want to know the answer to this question a lot. And I don't want a metric measurement. I want something tangible, that I can understand with my already weakening pregnant brain. And then I found this: The Baby Size Index
It has become a favorite site to visit every week to learn what fruit my baby now resembles. Right now, baby is about the size of a peach. By next week it'll be a lemon. Which seems smaller to me than a peach but who am I to say. I didn't write the Index. I'm just glad they used fruits and vegetables. I still sometime wonder if I'm not giving birth to a small Datsun. Bikini season this year is not going to be pretty with that cantaloupe sticking out.
No comments:
Post a Comment