Thursday, October 23, 2008

oh the humanity!

I didn't plan it, and I never in my life expected it to happen, but somehow it did. I have been sucked into the Twilight books.

I know, I know! Please don't judge me. Like I said, I never wanted this to happen. But somewhere between the second and fourth horribly written chapters of the first book I became intrigued. I even became, gasp!, emotionally involved! It is poorly written, with the author telling you over and over again how clutzy her poor protagonist is, instead of just providing examples like a normal storyteller would. It's full of sentence structures that would make a 5th grader wince. AND I CAN'T STOP READING! I can feel it. And I want to know how it ends! And I want to throttle the author every time she uses the phrase "I gulped"! Heaven restrain me! It causes me physical pain when I read that. And she uses that phrase A LOT! Like once every three pages.

I'm disgusted with myself. My husband is disgusted with me. I feel the whole world is judging me. DON'T JUDGE ME!

I may have no choice but to throw myself out a window.

But not before I read Every. Last. F***ing. Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment