When I said in my last post that one of my goals for the month was a project, I really hadn't expected to get my hands dirty. I thought I'd sit at my computer, sort through pictures and create something interesting. Instead I bought a desk. Not what you were expecting right? Me either.
For the longest time I've wanted a stand-alone vanity. A beautiful place where I could get ready each morning and still have it house all my makeup. I pictured something elaborate and Victorian, maybe with scroll work and detailing. I didn't imagine it being a used office desk. But that's what I chose. Because I want to make it beautiful myself. This is the desk.
Seriously, not much to look at right now. That big gaping hole on the right side is where the two side drawers go and then there's a pencil drawer in the middle. Very basic, very blah. Kind of what you expect in a used $35 desk.
But what if it looked like this or this?
Yes, that's better. So that's what I'm going to do. Jason's sister Heather (hey Heather!) has been giving me all kinds of amazing ideas and, sometime soon, I will choose one of those and begin to work. For now, I just can't decide what I want it to look like. I know I want paint and glitz and probably some crystal drawer pulls. And I kind of don't want to screw it up. So there's a little bit of fear but a whole lot of anticipation also. If you have any ideas of what I should do with the desk, please don't hesitate to share.
For now, I'm letting the desk hibernate in the garage. It can wait until I have the perfect idea.



No comments:
Post a Comment