I already feel like this month is going to be a bust and it's barely started, to the point that I almost hesitate to tell you my April resolutions for fear that I'm not going to accomplish any of them. March was very stressful and hectic with the move, causing most of those goals to be put on the back burner. "Taking time to be silly" and "being delighted" especially seemed to completely slip my mind when I got too overwhelmed, which was when I could have used those skills the most. But I'm trying to be consistent and make the time and be adaptable in spite of the stress I'm feeling so here we go with April's goals.
1 - Take on a project. As I've said before, I'm not the craftiest of individuals. I'm much more likely to attempt something craft related if I have a guide or sample I can follow. Which is why I want to start doing all my scrapbook experiments online. There are a number of sites where they provide the backgrounds and layouts, you add your own photos and captions and voila you're done. Then you have them make it into a book and send it to you. For a fee, of course. For 13 years I've had a scrapbook sitting in a box unfinished because I'm great at knowing what pictures to use together and what themes to create. But classic scrapbooking hinges on making a lot of decisions - layout, paper color and design, stickers, cut-outs, etc. And, for me, too many decisions of this sort equals too much anxiety that I'll mess the whole thing up. That's why I think the online process might be ideal for me.
The other project I want to undertake is creating a new look for the blog. I settled on this look in about 20 minutes one night. I would really like to change it to make it more me.
2 - Master a new technology. Resolution #2 kind of goes along with the first. I want to learn how to use Photoshop. I have a great admiration for photography but I'm never going to be a great photographer. Learning Photoshop will, hopefully, help me bridge the gap between what my skills are and what I would have them be.
So there you have it. Yep, only two resolutions this month. And I still feel like I might not accomplish them. The unpacked house mocks any goals I make that don't have anything to do with boxes. But I will do my best. I've already acquired two books about Photoshop and if anyone has any scrapbooking sites they use, I'd love to hear about them. So that's all for now. Until next time, my lovelies, lots of love and kitten kisses. And if you don't like kitten kisses, what kind of monster are you, anyhow?
No comments:
Post a Comment