Dear Pumpkin Face,
Yeah, I know what it says up there. 8 months 10 days is not the same as 8 months. But if you just read the last post I put up you'll see that Mommy's brain has been frizzled ever since we got back from the beach. I blame all the seaweed I had to avoid tripping on. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure this type of thing isn't hereditary. Unlike other things.
This last month you have grown up so much. And I don't really mean size wise. Oh sure, you're taller and such but your brain just seems to be sprouting. Pretty soon I'm going to see it growing out of your ears.
You now have a total of 6 teeth. SIX! That makes for a lot of chomping. And you like to use them. You've begun eating real solid foods, not just the quote-unquote solids you were eating before. You can pack away those green beans so fast you make me believe you might actually like them. Your eye/hand coordination has improved so much that you no longer throw your food all over your face before getting it into your mouth. Vast improvement over having to bathe you after every meal.
You're also trying to convince Dad and me that you're ready to walk. Some days, if I listen carefully and the wind is just right, I can hear you squeal in satisfaction when you pull yourself up to standing. This has become something of an annoyance to the cat since he used to think he was safe on the couch. But now you stand nose to nose with him and demand that he acknowledge you as a member of this family. I'm pretty sure he still hopes we'll take you back where we got you.
This last month there were so many new things for you. You went on your first road trip. Met your great grandma and grandpa and a great aunt. Spent time with 2 aunts, an uncle and 4 cousins for a whole week. Stood on the sand and got hit by a wave. Went to the Zoo, fed an elephant and even ate Pop Rocks. That's more things than I usually get to do in a year.
And through it all you were my sweet happy Bug. Even on the 10 hour ride home when you were awake for 8 of those hours. Even when you were crying so hard the snot bubbles were as big as jawbreakers. And especially after we stopped for the Benadry.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment