I despise being stressed. The way it works it's way into my shoulders, crawls up my neck and settles into my jaw. I don't even know I've been grinding and clenching my jaw until I go home and finally unclench. It's like I've been chewing a wad of Double Bubble for 10 hours.
The stress then proceeds to invade every aspect of my life.
Shopping would make me feel better but when money is the stress, that's counterproductive. Sweets could work. But then I notice that I'm 5 lbs more than last week and, ding, stress 462 arrives by the service elevator. Sleep could do the trick. Then my brain decides it needs to review every to-do on tomorrow's list as soon as my head hits the pillow. A book, a movie, a hot bath. All seem like relaxing choices. Until I've re-read the same page twice and still don't have a clue what's been read.
Maybe the only solution is a lobotomy. It's true that if you can't remember what you were stressed about, it can't stress you out?
Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment