Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the course of true love....gathers no moss

It started with a blind date arranged by a mutual friend.

Our friend happened past my desk at work one day and noticed a cd lying near the computer. “Oh, I have a friend that loves *{insert name of popular band}! You guys would totally hit it off. Do you care if I give him your number?”

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in possession of a certain disposition must want to be set up by all of her married friends. How could I not want to be as blissfully happy as they are? Unthinkable.

We talked and made a date for that Friday night. Friday the 13th. How apropos, thought I.

I no longer scoff. We celebrated our two year anniversary on Tuesday.

*Side note: He hates the band mentioned above. I don't know what possessed our friend to think he did, but I'm grateful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment