Now we're in November and still haven't figured out everything with Worker's Comp. They still say he's fit for duty. Jason's back says differently. So now lawyers were hired and that involves a lot of waiting and more doctors' visits. It's like our life is on hold. We've been in a holding pattern for nine months, waiting for life to move on. The stress of this has been tremendous, a stain on a perfectly white shirt. But the blessings have also been discernible.
At the beginning of October I fell and broke one ankle while spraining the other. That might not sound like a blessing. Let me continue. And, yes, I had to call an ambulance as I was in public when it happened.
This led to a month's worth of doctors and specialist appointments, x-rays and MRIs and, eventually, surgery. Now I have a cast on one leg, waiting for the two month mark when they say I can put pressure on it again. Yes, two months with no pressure on my left foot. Which means no walking. None. At all. You don't realize what you've got till it's gone, as they say. Even simple things like getting dressed and using the bathroom have become extreme chores. But I have to count my blessings with this. Because Jason's been off work while they figure things out with his back, he's been home to care for me and our two kids around the clock. This had been a tremendous help as I honestly don't know what I would or could have done with two children and not being able to walk. We've also been blessed to have amazing parents on both sides, family and friends who have supported us through all these anxiety-ridden nine months.
I go in tomorrow to get the cast off my foot but there will still be at least a month of no walking left. Not to mention possible surgery on the other ankle for better support. Our journey is not even close to being done yet and I can see the long recovery ahead for both of us. But until then I will continue to turn towards God and count my blessings, because every day is a gift and I don't want to waste it.


Jamie, You have such strength and faith. I can testify that great trials bring bigger blessings and sometimes we can't see it right away. The Lord is aware of you and your struggles. Know that people love you and your family. 😊
ReplyDeleteI pray your ankles heal & your Hubby's back, too, as you move along your journey.
ReplyDeleteWow, hang in there girl. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on
ReplyDelete