So let's start from the beginning. We found a buyer for the house back in May. Yay! The only problem was that they wanted to close by the end of the month and we had just determined we would need short sale approval. Since approval for a short sale can take for-ev-er we were afraid we would lose the buyers by the time the bank approved us. Luckily they're still hanging in there even though it's now September and we still haven't closed. And in the process of doing a short sale we learned how it'll affect our credit and how we won't be able to buy that big beautiful new dream house I wanted anytime soon. Basically it could be three years before we could afford to buy a home. Three. Years. I want to throw up just thinking about that. In the meantime I have a lovely friend who is letting us rent her house for a very reasonable rate until they move back next October. That should give us enough time to figure out what our next step will be, financially speaking. Until then our plan is to get out of debt and save save save.
On a brighter note, Jason got through all the hiring hoops and has a job. Yay again! Look at my man being all gainfully employed and stuff.
And last but certainly not least, we moved to Arizona. In August. When it's 112 degrees in the shade. That part kind of sucks. But being so close to my family is just amazing. Learning to live with the heat again has not been so great but we're adjusting. I had forgotten how just awful the summer months can be and poor Penny doesn't want to go outside at all right now. But fall is just around the corner and, luckily, here, fall lasts all winter long. Until then we just try not to venture outside unless it's absolutely necessary.
And I'd like to say we're settled in after being here a month but I'd be lying. Most of our stuff is still in boxes lining the walls of the garage. I desperately need to go through each box, bin and bag and decide if they're things I still need. The majority of that stuff has been in storage since February so I'd hazard a guess that if I haven't missed it too much in the last seven months, I can probably live without it. I tried to sort through stuff as I was packing but there just wasn't time to do a thorough job of it so most things got thrown into a box for later inspection. And hindsight being what it is, I wish I'd labeled the boxes more clearly so that they wouldn't now be five deep and me with no idea what's inside. Oh well. Definitely the next time around.
So that's us. It's a very short post considering all that's gone on but really, the details are just more of the same. Instead I'll leave you with what I saw the entire flight down to Phoenix - a little girl who couldn't get enough of the window seat.

No comments:
Post a Comment