Wednesday, January 18, 2012

why do today what you can do tomorrow

Man, I'm the queen of putting things off. After so many years I should have my BS in procrastination. I just put things off and keep shoving them away until some other time and, turns out, I don't even need an excuse. But I make them up anyway.


Oh, I'm too busy with the baby.
I can't do that because I have to do this other important thing. 

Tomorrow's just as good as today. 


That last one's my favorite. Which is why on January 18th I'm finally getting around to my New Year's resolutions. Yep, I know it's waaaay after the new year. Yes, I'm well aware that this is also called laziness. Uh huh, I know Stop Procrastinating should be numero uno on my list of resolutions. Instead I'm just going to go ahead with the understanding that not putting things off is woven it's way throughout the entire list of goals. When you read the list just mutter without procrastination under your breath as you go.


1. Exercise at least 5 days out of 7 - I fully intend to begin making a habit of this. You know, instead of procrastinating being the habit. I have 70 pounds to lose and I'm giving myself a year to do it in.


2. Stop spending the day in my sweats - Sweats are truly the most comfortable thing in the world but I am trying to stop being such a slob and actually get dressed every day. It's gotten to the point where every time I put real clothes on Penny thinks we're going to the store.


3. Apply make up daily and not think of it as a waste if I don't actually leave the house - see #2.


4. Read something non-fiction - I really need to broaden my reading horizons.


5. Learn to do something new that scares me - This could be anything from learning to sew to redesigning my blog layout. Too many "new things" make me nervous it's hard to pick just the one...


6. Be more interactive with Penny - She's so content to play by herself that too often I let her do her own thing. I need to really step up more and put in the time.


And that's it. Well, actually that's not all of them but, really, I made so many goals that I know I'm probably not going to keep. Why go through the humiliation of listing them all publicly? These are the only ones that seemed important enough to keep. Baby steps as they say. I've stated the goal and now on to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment