I've been feeling out of sorts the last few days. "Out of sorts." That's what Jason and I say when we're grumpy enough to punch someone in the face. I've been feeling the discouragement that goes with having more ideas than motivation.
OK, I'll call that what it really is - laziness. I could dress it up and call it a malaise of the spirit but that would just be poetic. Pure sit-on-my-butt-and-eat-brownies laziness is what it is. And every few months or so, when my laziness and grumpiness collide, my motivation gets left in the dust. Then I start feeling sorry for myself. What happened to my determination? Where's my resolve? When did it get so easy to ignore my world-changing ambition?
Too far? Yeah, I thought as much.
Still, I do have ideas. Lots of them. So many that most nights I spend the last minutes before bed hurriedly jotting down notes so I don't forget the brilliance of me. And still they sit, ignored in the notebook for weeks. I have the extra time yet I choose to do nothing with it. Sometimes I get so caught up in the fanciful "I could be doing" that I forget about the things I could complete.
I push aside that compelling need to exercise. And the rocking chair project I'm thisclose to finishing. And all the old family photos sitting in shoe boxes that need to be scanned. I don't want to be such a slacker anymore. I want to be a do-er not a wisher.
So I'm adding one to the New Year's goals. Stop making excuses.
...........
OK, I've noticed the posts have been a little more sullen and lacking in sunshine lately. But that's what life's all about. It's how I've been feeling. I'm aware of it and am trying to change it. But one step at a time.
On a more uplifting note -
Wednesdays will now be "Way-back Wednesday." I will be posting photos from different years of my life. Mainly because it gives me a good excuse to get all those pictures scanned that I have lying around.
No comments:
Post a Comment