Last week I took Wash to the vet for his annual check-up and semi-annual teeth cleaning. I've documented on here before that Wash, poor kitty, has Feline HIV and so has a likelihood for multiple health problems including the kind of gingivitis that could give you nightmares. So because of these potential problems we keep up on the doctor visits. And, boy, did they give us some good news.
Wash is now a slimmer kitty, weighing in at a skinny 15.2 lbs! I know what you're thinking. That's one huge cat. But no, he's not. If you consider that just a little over 2 years ago he was 21 lbs it's a miracle he's this little already. When I first asked the nurse how much he currently weighed she had yet to look at his history. Her face turned pink and kind of bashful and she said she wasn't sure she should tell me. When I mentioned that it couldn't be worse than the 21 he used to weigh, her face lit up and she breathed a sigh of relief. I'm pretty sure she had been embarrassed to tell me what a fat cat I had! But once she knew the history she was very proud of our little man for losing so much weight.
One gold star, please. Thank you!
Then the doctor came in to examine him and take a look at his half-mouthful of teeth. Because of all the extractions he's already had, Wash pretty much only has teeth on one side of his mouth and is already missing one canine. So the doctor prodded and poked and Wash tried to claw his way off the table and when it was over I asked when I should schedule his cleaning. And surprise, the doc said probably in another six months! Six! Months! Because of my obsessive compulsive brushing of his teeth, Wash wouldn't need a proper cleaning for six whole months! No anesthetic and no drunk kitty trying to jump up on things!
Another gold star, please. Thank you!
A clean bill of health, no extra bill for a teeth cleaning and two gold stars. And people thought I was crazy for trying to brush a cat's teeth.
I think there should be more gold stars given out. In fact, I think I will buy myself a box, and make a chart...
ReplyDeleteCongrtulations on your accomplishments! ^
< >
That's supposed to be half a star... all I can do at the moment