Monday, January 31, 2011

i've decided to make a decision

For weeks now I've been lamenting the fact that I can never find the time to do what I want to do. Every hour seems to be swallowed up by something more pressing than the "maybe if I have times" on my to do list. I've been putting off exercising, decorating, organizing, blogging and a hundred other little things because I can never find the time.

Then I gave myself a giant mental slap upside the head. What have I been thinking? Things I wanted to do weren't getting done because I've become too lazy to do them; content to keep doing the same things I'd been doing. I've been using the excuse that Penelope just wears me out during the day and that when she's finally down for bed all I have the energy to do is watch reruns of Psych until it's time for bed.

Well, I call Bullshit!

If I want to get something done, I should get up off my lazy butt and do it. The marked lack of motivation has been killing me but I'm not going to let it crawl inside my brain any longer. I have 4 nights a week where I'm free to do whatever I want to do. The daytime will be solely reserved for playing with Penny. Nap time will be for routine chores like laundry and dishes. When Jason's working, after 5pm will no longer be just a wasteland of couch-potatoing (yes, I just made that word up) and laziness. I have things I want to do and I'll be damned if I'm not going to do them!

This picture has nothing to do with my goal-oriented decision making. I just love the expression on her face.


2 comments: