I love the holiday season. The lights, the food, the music, the family. The food. From the middle of November until the beginning of January there is just so much joy to be had.
Unless you're anywhere near a mall or store. Then it's nothing but hurry up and wait.
Yes, everyone is trying extra hard to be extra nice but when all I need is a gallon of milk and some desperately needed Diet Mt. Dew, the last thing I want is to stand for half an hour in line while the woman in front of me buys presents for every single member of her family. "Running to the store" any time from now until Christmas will involve a prepared game plan. Which entrance to park at. Which aisle to hit up first and which to avoid like the plague. A detailed list so I'm not wandering around the store searching. In and out. That's it. If only it were that simple.
At least for me it will be. A few years ago I chose to ban any gratuitous brick and mortar shopping. Unless something is specifically in-store only, the extent of my shopping is done online. The internet super highway is much less crowded than the real highway. And most importantly, my sanity is worth more than the cost of shipping.
So until the last Christmas song is played I will be avoiding any unnecessary frustration. If milk is needed, well, that's what Jason is for.
No comments:
Post a Comment