Tuesday, November 2, 2010

12 months OR 1 whole year

Dear Penny Poop,

You did it! You made it through a whole year of life without any major mishaps, injuries or critical threats of life. And since I'm such a klutz, that makes me so proud.

The day after your birthday I turned to your daddy and asked him who this little girl was tearing through the living room at full speed. What happened to our mushy slobber-filled baby and when did she get so tall? And smart? I'm already noticing how you've stopped looking like an infant and instead are getting your toddler face. You're all gopher teeth and smiles and love bites and slobbers.

The first few months of your life were some of the hardest I've ever had to face. Emotionally and physically. Days without more than a few hours of sleep combined with the wrong combination of medications left me feeling like you were going to be awake forever. FOR-EV-ER. But then you began sleeping through the night and a light could be seen at the end of the tunnel. Then not just a light, but flowers and music and jig-dancing leprechauns.

This past year with you in our lives has been the most wonderful I've ever know. And I know I'll say it next year, too, but it'll be true then as it is now. You fit perfectly into our lives and make us a family. I love you.












Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment