For the past two weeks, ever since the ultrasound, I've been able to feel the baby moving. Mainly it feels like a tap dancer on speed. Constant motion, nonstop, followed by brief pauses - presumably so she can catch her breath - and then she's off again. But until last night, she hadn't been moving hard enough for Jason to feel her. He had to be content with my descriptions of our little speed-freak's dance technique.
Then last night, I was minding my own business, hand resting nonchalantly on my belly when SWEET FANCY KNICKERS! What was that? Was that a muscle spasming enough to make my whole lower belly quake?
Nope. That's my girl saying "Woman, get me a sammich!"
What? What did you think she would be saying at this point?
As soon as I could, I had Jason sitting there with both hands spread across my stomach. Then I told him to mention sammiches. That did the trick. The look on his face - eyes widened in wonder as he played tag with his baby girl - has become something I hope to remember forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment