I watched the Super Bowl this weekend for the first time in about 15 years. As an elementary school brainiac, I had religiously watched every Dallas Cowboys football game, trying to win the affection of a certain blond haired would-be Troy Aikman in my class. Now being older, and much wiser, I no longer feel the need to pretend to know every nuance of the game to impress my husband. He will love me whether or not I know what a safety is.
But last night, I felt compelled to watch an American Primetime Event Such Has Never Been Seen. I had to watch something that I never, ever, EVER thought I would see in my lifetime. The Arizona Cardinals in a Super Bowl.
Being born and raised in Phoenix, I had lived my whole life never taking that team seriously. And honestly, they had really never deserved it. Until last night. I know they didn't win. But, dammit, they put up a pretty good fight. Our house was filled with cheering, cursing and groans of disappointment. Thank you, Cards, for a fun-filled Sunday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment