I have been having crazy dreams lately. Dreams that leave my gut wrenching as I shoot upright in bed. Mainly they have to do with school. However, I am not in school. I haven’t even come close to a text book in almost 5 years. At first I thought it was because Jason’s sisters are in college and I frequently ask for updates on their mental state. Having to go to college and be a well functioning adult at the same time can be quite a process in futility. Especially at “the Lord’s University.” That kind of pressure could give anyone nightmares.
My first instinct is to shout, "But it’s THEIR pressure. THEIR stress. THEIR finals. Not MINE." There is no plausible reason as to why I’m experiencing dreams of the sort where I enter a classroom that I’ve never seen before, where there is being taught a subject I’ve never heard of, taught by people like Emma Thompson and Michael Cera. No reason whatsoever for me to be having these terrifying dreams of not having studied for a final of a subject that doesn’t exist. No reason for me to feel embarrassed that I’d forgotten that there would be a test in that class and I hadn’t studied.
And absolutely no reason for my extreme relief that the teacher granted me a C when I really, really deserved the D.
I know Heather and Mom still have school nightmares. I don't think they ever go away.
ReplyDelete