Friday, December 19, 2008

promises, promises

Jason and I have been struggling the past few weeks with who could give the other the most contagious disease. First, I hit him with a nasty cold that I’d been suffering through for about a month. He snored his way through that one with enough snot to choke a horse. A-ha, thought I, take that. Then he returned fire with a flu bug for the ages. I tried to comfort him while he was battling a low grade fever and swollen tonsils, all the while trying to keep a safe 40 foot distance. All to no avail. I left work early yesterday with a temp of 100.00. I don’t think I’ve had a fever in over 10 years. My body operates at a steady -5 degrees. If I’m running at “normal” something is wrong. If it actually makes it to a fever, I’m definitely sick.

All I could do was curl up on the couch and bemoan how ill I was. I couldn’t let 5 minutes pass without reminding Jason that I was sick, sick, sick. So sick. Do you remember how sick I am? I’m really sick. So sick that at 7:45pm I was asking whether or not it was time for bed. Now? How about now? Please? Jason knows that if I go to bed before 9pm I’ll wake up sometime around 4:30 and not be able to fall back asleep. So he appeased me with promises of back rubs if I would just sit with him and watch 30 more minutes of Total Recall. Just 30 more minutes, that’s all, then I’ll rub your back for you, I promise. If not for the assurance of seeing the alien lady with three boobs, I probably would have called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment