Tuesday, February 21, 2012

updates and gratuitous cuteness

This past weekend we traveled down to Phoenix so Jason could test with one of the local law enforcement agencies. It was a highly stressful couple of days punctuated by Jason passing both the written and physical tests with flying colors. He knocked them both out of the ballpark. Did I say ballpark? I meant hemisphere. I'm a little proud, can't you tell? So he passed his first two tests and will be back down there this week for the intensive interview process. Penny and I won't be going with him this time. We already had to take out a loan (kidding) just to pay for the last minute airline flights when my anxiety refused to be quieted and a panic attack (not kidding) convinced me a trip to Phoenix was the only way to get through the weekend. 


Anyway, all of my anxious worrying was for nothing, of course, but it left me with a meandering headache that refuses to be banished. I know it has to do with the stress we're under to sell the house, get a job and buy another house but identifying the stress hasn't alleviated it any. Instead I spend my evenings wandering from room to room picking up stray toys, straightening random knick-knacks, unable to relax. Each night I'm convinced that the next day will see us with a ton of home walk-throughs even though we've only had two in the weeks the house has been on the market. Then to stress myself out more I pour through Arizona real estate sites, dreaming of homes we can't possible afford and worrying that the ones we can won't be available when the time is right. 


So instead of dwelling on that stress, I'm going to leave you with some little nuggets of cuteness. 



This is Penny with her Papa, who she called for every time she wanted to get out of bed early.

Jason let her listen to his headphones for the first time today. She stood absolutely motionless for at least 30 seconds then let us know it wasn't as cool as Sesame Street.


Right after the headphones I could smell poop so I decided to ask her about it. 


Yep, she just told me she had aliens come out of her butt. I'm so going to remind her of this when she's older and wants to date before she's sixteen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment