Anyway. Back to shoes. When we moved into our house I knew I would want a place to put my shoes. So we bought a shoe rack and placed it by the front door. And everyone who comes into our house usually takes their shoes off too. Then we began noticing how hard it was to balance in the entryway trying to re-shoe. We both agreed that a bench was the perfect solution. You could sit down, be comfortable and get your shoes on without banging into the walls. But then we had a problem. Do you know how expensive benches are? Nice ones? Made of wood? That are big enough for your bum to actually fit on them? They're expensive. REALLY expensive. And we just had more important things to spend our money on. Like food and heat. So we either brought our shoes into the living room to put them on or balanced precariously in the hallway.
Then Jason did a few nights of overtime at the Sundance Film Festival as added security. And he decided to buy me a surprise present with some of our newly-earned money.
Isn't it wonderful? It has drawers AND baskets. And I'm absolutely beside myself trying to decide what should go in them. But the best part - you can sit on it.
Super cute! I still have been looking for one for 6 1/2 years now that fits my entry but just not enough room for a good sized one darn it! So your poor dad continues to sit on the floor to take his shoes on and off, I always feel bad about that!! This one is really cute. Nice job!!
ReplyDelete