Resolutions have never been my strong suit. Every year I vow I will be thin and feather-light by summer vacation and every year I end up digging though my old t-shirts for one to wear over a swimsuit. So this year I decided to me more realistic with my goals.
1) I want to be more patient. As a general rule, I am not a patient person. Becoming a mom has opened up this wealth of understanding and patience that I honestly didn't know I possessed. Penny is a dream child but she still has her trying moments. Like when she threw up all over me tonight after she'd finished her feeding. And I mean ALL over me. And the couch. And herself. I've learned that all you can do at that point is to laugh. Oh, and a bath helps too. But I recognize that this is my baby. No matter what she does I am enamored of her. Instead I need to extend my patience to the rest of the world around me. That way the next time someone is quickly devouring what's left of my very short fuse, I can laugh. And maybe suggest they take a bath.
2) I want to be healthier. A few years back I had a very dear friend agree to be my personal trainer. After six months I was in the best shape of my life. It wasn't just that I had lost 30 lbs. It was that I had confidence in myself and the way I looked. I could bench press 70 lbs and didn't think twice about having dessert. I want that back.
3) I want to be more open. I want to embrace new experiences and not be afraid to try something -worried that the outcome will be different than I expect. I don't want the fear of the unknown to rule my life. I want to stare into the whirling eyes of Change and not blink. If I can do that then maybe I'll be able to see the wonderful opportunities that are out there, waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment