I've never owned an Easy Bake Oven. I don't even do the cooking in our family. I have no interest in standing over a hot stove, trying to come up with some creative new-fangled dish that will wow my husband. He's the superstar in that department so I leave it to him. And as my brother likes to remind me, I burn gravy. So I usually leave the kitchen to Jason.
I've never been much on cooking. That doesn't mean I don't love food. I do. I LOVE FOOD! I could watch 12 straight hours of the Food Network and still crave more. But I'm much happier when someone else is making me a sammich. Plus, ever notice how much better it tastes when someone else makes it?
That doesn't mean that I shy away from the kitchen all together. Every Christmas season I go in to whirlwind mode and bake up 6 dozen of approximately 6 kinds of cookies. I give some out to family and friends but mostly I do it because I like to eat them. And Christmas seems like a good a time as any to pig out on about 400 cookies. If Jesus' birthday isn't the season of overeating, I don't know what is.
Then there's Conference time. Twice a year we have Mormon General Conference and I make what has become dubbed "Conference Rolls." It's a recipe that my mother used to make only sporadically because she felt they were too fattening. They're puffy little rolls filled with a sweetened cream cheese mixture and smothered with pecan chips and a maple glaze. Decadent doesn't even begin to describe them. They are little bites of heaven that my sisters-in-law look forward to and remind me of in case I were to forget. But how could I. Like I said, little bites of heaven.
So, me being the generous person that I am, I wanted to share these angelically divine tidbits with the world. When I heard about the Pillsbury Bake-Off, I knew I had to enter. Of course, the $1 Million grand prize doesn't hurt things either.
Keep those fingers crossed, send luck filled wishes my way and if you start to have a craving for something sweet, come on over and I'll serve you from one of the twelve batches I intend on making to be sure the recipe is perfect.
You know though....I have been a part of this family for 6 years now and have never seen nor eaten one of these....do they really exist?? Hope you win though!! :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha. I will remedy that when we go to San Diego. They'll be a great breakfast that I'm sure the boys will eat. I mean, it's covered in syrup!
ReplyDeleteSounds good to me! They will love it! Miss ya! Cant wait to see you guys soon! :)
ReplyDelete